This Seawind 1200 cruising cat comes equipped with lots of
extras and features...Lazy jacks with stack pack sail cover,
Screacher, Anchor on roller, Electric windlass, Large Galley
with propane stove-oven, Bow swim ladder and transom steps with
ladder, CD/Stereo with cabin and cockpit speakers, Hard top
bimini, Autohelm depth, speed, and wind, GPS and VHF, ST4000
Autopilot, Roller furling jib, Solar panels on transom arch,
Propane BBQ, Cockpit seating and table, plus Inflatable dinghy!
Accommodations and Layout
This three double-cabin (Seawind 1200 TEC3) version places the
main bathroom in the stern of the port hull. Amidships in the
port hull is a desk and chair which can act as the navigation
area, and double as the office/communications center. The second
bathroom is en suite with the cabin in the starboard hull
forward. There is full headroom everywhere, and more than
sitting-up room in all the bunks.
The interior is trimmed in rose gum, creating a warm ambience.
The wood trim is complemented by interior steps made from Jarrah
and lined with silver ash. The Salon is big enough for a decent
party, has 6' 3" headroom and features a beautifully-crafted
table in Brazilian flamed mahogany with polished stainless steel
legs. The windows in the main bulkhead (between Salon and
cockpit) are removable so the party can happily spill into the
The most notable exterior feature is the Targa Arch, which
provides considerable weather protection with the aid of fabric
sections, which can roll up out of the way to let you enjoy the
open sea air.
RIG & Sails, & Deck Equipment
- Anodised mast & boom
- Fully battened Dacron Mainsail
- Triple stitched re-inforced construction.
- Triple reefing points - slab reefing with lazy jacks
- Mainsail UV cover
- Mainsail battens cars (Ronstan)
- Aluminium batten car track on mast
- Mainsail halyard.
- Two to One spectra Halyard. Lead back to cockpit winches
through Spinlock Jammer.
- Mainsail controls: Traveller track with roller ball car
and end blocks to give 4:1 purchase on the traveller
- Mainsheet blocks on boom & traveller to give 4:1
purchase to the central mainsheet winch
- Headsail : Dacron headsail
- Headsail Furling System : Profurl
- Headsail gear: including tracks, blocks, sheets
- Headsail halyards: Spectra halyards lead back to cockpit
- Jib / Genoa controls: Sheet winches - 2 x Harken 52ST, 2
speed (or similar)
- 2 x winch handles in fixed winch pockets
- Rails / Stanchions: Electro-polished stainless steel bow
and stern rails and stanchions 750 mm high with triple
lifelines. Access gates at sides.
- White powder-coated forebeam with pelican striker and
cable. Forebeam attached to solid forward walkway with
anchor bow rollers installed.
- Deck hatches: Gebo (or similar) anodised hatches : 8 in
- 6 x Alloy mooring cleats. Each side: bow, stern and
- 3 x mooring fenders (inflatable PVC) with 4 docklines
- Heavy-duty stainless steel mooring cleat on forward
Steering: Wheel with mechanical steering. Steering console with
instruments & twin engine controls.
- Electric anchor winch with chain & gypsy. Located under
locker to give clean deck. Winch is Muir VR1250 CUB with
1000 watt motor. (or similar).
- Primary anchor is 45 lb CQR type with 30 mtrs x 10mm
short link galvanised chain plus 50 metres x 14mm Nylon
- Anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller
under the forward beam.
- Anchor winch has foot switch at the winch plus a remote
up / down controls at the helm station.
Engine /Mechanical Equipment
- 2 x Volvo 27 hp diesel saildrive engines
- Fresh water cooling, rubber isolation mounts on
reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil drip pan.
- Twin primary Racor (or similar) water separator / fuel
filters, secondary engine fuel filters, jacketed fuel lines
Engine, fuel tank and fuel line installation to Australian
Standards to meet offshore survey.
- Fuel tanks: Total 500 ltrs (120 gall) in 2 x aluminum
tanks each of 250 ltrs (60 gallons). Fuel gauges fitted.
- Engine room lights
- Water intakes for engines protected by bronze strainer
and filter. (1 each)
- Twin set console-mounted engine instruments with
electric tachometers, engine monitoring and warning systems
- Twin single lever engine controls side mounted by helm
- Engine hour meters for each engine
- 4 x Batteries comprising: 3 x house batteries x 120 a/h
heavy duty, deep cycle. 1 x engine battery - cranking.
- Deluxe illuminated master AC / DC electrical panel. DC
system includes circuit breakers with LED indicator lights,
DC voltage and amperage monitoring gauges, battery test
system and LPG remote shut off.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use
of heat sealed connectors.
- Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights
throughout. Dome lights in cockpit lockers, anchor locker
and engine rooms.
- Navigation lights. Port & starboard mounted on bow
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreader
- Masthead anchor & riding light
- Pressure water system. Hot water storage system
(30 L). Hot & cold water to galley and both bathrooms.
- Galley fresh water tap is lever type
- 750 ltrs ( 180 galls) fresh water in two integral water
tanks (one ea. hull). Separate deck fillers.
- 2 x Electric sump pumps for shower drains
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps with controls integral with
master battery switch panel.
- 2 x Magnetic reed float switches
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps mounted in cockpit near helm
- Bronze, thru-bolted marine seacocks on all thru-hulls
- PAR manual toilet in each head
- Co-ordinated premium designer laminates, surface -
finishes and upholstery
- Select Rose Gum joinery work including bulkheads,
cabinetry & trim
- Storage under settee
- 2 x large opening deck hatches
- Floors in hard wearing synthetic finish with teak &
holly inlay appearance
- Cabins in polished timber and vinyl wall finishes to
give an elegant, clean look. Each cabin has polished timber
- All cabins have extensive storage and cupboards
- Elegant 12v lighting throughout, including dual reading
lights at head of each bed
- Spacious galley with co-ordinated Laminex counter
surfaces, timber accents
- Freezer - large 60 liter volume, top loading, heavily
- Upright refrigerator - front loading
- Two burner LPG stove with oven with flame failure device
- Double stainless sink with draining board. Single lever
tap with pressure water
- Under bench storage with polished timber door fronts
- Inboard side of galley: Over-bench cupboards with
sliding door fronts
- Simulated teak & holly flooring
All structural laminates and reinforcements designed to Aust.
Antifouling paint: Epoxy Barrier Coating under 2 coats black
Devoe ABC 3 antifouling.
- ISO/NPG gelcoat for maximum durability
- Outer hull laminates in Vinyl Ester Resin
- Sandwich core construction throughout boat. Cored with
balsa (hulls) and PVC foam (deck) for maximum strength to
- Fully glassed hull and deck join forming total
- Collision bulkheads in each hull. Watertight chambers
- Timber cored in deck in place of PVC where deck fittings
located. All deck fittings through bolted with backing
plates or washers
- Stainless steel grab rails along coach roof
- Aluminium rubbing strakes with fibreglass end caps
- Powder coated aluminium bi-fold access door from aft
deck to Salon.
- Removable windows to Salon
- Targa Bar / Raised Helm / Cockpit Awning : An "H" shaped
fibreglass Targa Bar / Aft Deck awning covers the aft deck.
- The mainsheet and traveller system is mounted on the
Targa. There is a stainless steel framed double seat mounted
at the helm station
- Cockpit ice-box. Foam insulated with hinged lid
- Two deep stern storage compartments. Access from transom
- Deck LPG storage bin in front of mast with two 9kg LPG
tanks with direct overboard drainage
- Open weave heavy duty trampoline nets on foredeck
- Aft fibreglass swim platform between each hull
- Aft swim ladder: Stainless steel folding ladder
Optional Features Included
1. OPENING PORTS IN FRONT SALON WINDOWS: Two opening aluminium
ports fitted as inserts in forward fixed windows.
2. STAINLESS STEEL STEPS TO CABIN TOP: Steps port & starboard to
3. BOW SEATS: Teak slatted seats in each bow pulpit.
4. OPENING HATCH ABOVE STOVE: Aluminium opening hatch fitted
within window above stove.
5. ENGINE: Volvo 27hp saildrive engines.
6. PROPELLERS: Upgrade of standard 3 blade propellers to 3
7. REFRIGERATION: ICEER top loading freezer and separate upright
front opening refrigerator.
8. SOLAR PANELS: 2 x 75 watt Solar panels fitted on Targa bar.
9. SHORE POWER & FREEDON INVERTER AND CHARGING SYSTEM: House
battery power increased to 500 amp hrs (2 x 12v x 250 a/h
Absorbed Glass Batteries (AGM) batteries). AC system includes
circuit breakers with LED indicator lights, AC voltage
monitoring gauge, shore power master switch with reverse
polarity protection. Management of both AC & DC power will be
achieved through a Heart Interface system. This is comprised of
a Freedom 10 (1000 watt) Heart Inverter/Charger with a Link
2000R Heart Interface battery monitor and Regulator on the
engine alternator Plus 15mtr shore power cord, outlets
convenient throughout, including adjacent to sink and opposite
refrigerator & next to chart table. Both engines fitted with a
larger alternator of 90 amp hrs for charging both engines and
house battery banks.
10. BARBECUE: Southern Stainless brand LP gas BBQ.
11. PROPANE SAFETY DETECTOR: A propane gas detector & safety
switch is fitted in the Galley.
12. DECK WASH: A saltwater deck wash fitted in fwd locker.
13. TRANSOM SHOWER: Hot & cold water transom shower
14. MANUAL PUMP OUT SYSTEM: Both port & starboard Heads have
plumbing installed so that the holding tanks can be emptied by
means of a manual pump arrangement, in addition to the deck
access for shore pump-out.
15. LOG/SPEED/DEPTH: An electronic Raytheon ST60 Tridata
16. WIND INSTRUMENTS: An electronic Raytheon ST60 Wind
17. AUTOPILOT: Raytheon ST5000 Autopilot.
18. HF RADIO:An earth plate & copper strap is installed for
later ease of installing an HF radio
19. VHF RADIO: An ICOM 502 VHF handheld radio with a remote
20. STEREO SPEAKERS: Speakers fitted in Salon and aft deck.
21. SPINNAKER WINCHES: 2 x Harken ST40 winches installed.
22. SCREECHER: A screecher installed with Harken furler & all
23. BOW SPRIT: An aluminium bow sprit is installed.
24. MAST STEPS: Folding mast steps to the first spreader.
25. COCKPIT HAND RAILS: Stainless steel hand holds in cockpit.
26. DAVITS: Dinghy davits fitted.
27. UV SHADE CLOTH: UV Shade Cloth fitted to Salon windows.
28. AFT SWIM LADDER: Folding stainless steel transom ladder.
29. STERN BUMPER RAILS: Stainless steel guard rails to protect
30. COCKPIT CUSHIONS: White vinyl cockpit cushions.