| Yacht Name:
|| Smiling Mermaid
| Year Built/Model Year:
|| Africat Marine
| USD ($) Price:
|| Ft. Lauderdale, FL
|| 2 x Yanmar (2005), 315 Hp, 359 hrs.
| Cruise /Max Speeds:
|| 20 kts. @ 3200rpm / 25 kts. @ 3800rpm
|| 28,000 lbs.
| Fuel Capacity:
|| 600 gallons Diesel
| Fresh Water Capacity:
|| 250 gallons
| Holding Tank:
|| 60 gallons
|| Angelo Lavranos
As you board the AFRICAT 420 you will notice the amount of livable space created by her 22 ft beam. The yacht has a large aft deck and flybridge area as well as a trampoline up on the bow.
Nice wide decks make moving around the yacht on deck a breeze. From the aft deck you pass through the sliding doors into the salon, which has a bar to port and the galley to starboard. The Interior helmstation is to port fwd and the leather settee is stb fwd. Great visibility through the salon windows. The port hull has two guest cabins with their own bathroom while the owner's stateroom utilizes the entire starboard hull. The flybridge, which is surprisingly large for a 42-footer, is accessed from the aft deck and boasts plenty of seating under the bimini top with a full enclosure fwd.
"Smiling Mermaid" has complete US Specs, full holding tank system, Propane, 110V power, 42" Plasma TV w/ DVD in Salon. To purchase this yacht new would cost over $750K!!
This yacht is seriously for sale because of seller's recent medical developments.
Layout & Accommodations
The Owner's staterooms encompasses the entire stbd side of the yacht. Access from the salon can be closed off for full privacy. The bright and airy stateroom features a king-size bed with custom spring mattress, hanging lockers, reading lights, abundant drawer space, and a long vanity mirror and dressing table at the foot of the bed.
The owner's bathroom spans the entire fwd section and features a roomy glassed-in stand-up Corian shower. Includes an electric upgraded Headhunter freshwater-flush toilet and Corian sink w/ two mirrors and additional vanity area.
Both the owner's stateroom and head are well-ventilated with large opening deck hatches and port lights.
Aft from the salon are wide stairways leading to the cabins. To portside are the guest cabins. All cabins are carpeted and feature cherry wood paneling, reading lights, plenty drawers. Fwd cabin includes vanity and hanging cupboards. Like the owner's stateroom, the guest cabins are well ventilated. The entire yacht is also air-conditioned.
The main salon combines function and comfort with 8' headroom and wrap-around windows for a 360 degree view. Salon boasts a nice bar area to port, a semi-circular settee upholstered in natural leather and a table that converts to a large dining table or small cocktail table to meet your entertaining needs. Salon table is varnished in cherry wood, inlaid with maple and teak, and can be lowered to convert to king size bed for extra guests. There are two tables (one large for dining and one cocktail size). Salon also features:
And of course… plenty of BTU's of A/C
- Large top loading custom-built freezer located under the settee
- 42' Plasma TV located above door in salon
- 2 x large hatches for added ventilation
Galley & Bar Area
Upon entering the salon, to port is a walk-around bar area and to stbd is the Galley with a sliding glass window that opens to the cockpit. Galley comes complete with 3-burner Force 10 propane stove w/oven and gas shut-off alarm, large U Line freezer/ Icemaker, front-loading U Line fridge, microwave-ready connections, double stainless-steel sinks w/ cutting board and drying rack, Corian counter tops with molded lip edge, and numerous drawers.
- Fridge and extra storage space located under bar (accessed through Galley)
- Freezer and Icemaker located behind bar
- Storage for pots/pans below stove and additional storage above stove
Electrical & Power System
- 110V Phasor 10kW Generator (326 hrs.) supplying battery charger, Icemakers, microwave, outlets, waterheater, air-conditioning and watermaker
- 12V system for lights, pumps, navigation, fridge & freezer; supplied by 600amp/h of gel batteries
- 2 x NEW engine start batteries (1/07)
- Shorepower with 50 amp. cord
- 2.5 kW Heart Interface Inverter/charger - 12V to 110V
- 100 amp. alternators on each engine
Electronics & Navigational Equipment
The Africat features driving capabilities through several locations aboard. Drive the boat from nav station in salon, protected from weather, steering with Auto Pilot -- (all inside controls). Or enjoy driving on the spacious fully-enclosed flybridge above or using the aft wing station controls conveniently located in the port aft deck.
Navigational equipment includes:
- 3 x Raymarine C120 displays
-(1) at Nav Station
-(2) at flybridge to display Radar and Chart plotter function
- Raymarine 24 Radar interfaced with C120
- Raymarine ST 60 depth, speed, log
- Raymarine ST6000 autopilot with remote control
- 42" Plasma TV w/ DVD & Surround sound
- Fly-by-wire controls at both Helm stations and aft deck
- Raymarine VHF with external speakers at both helmstations
- Full Nav Lights
- Ritchie compass at both helmstations
- Stereo AM/FM CD Player with 10 Disc Changer
The flybridge is quite spacious for a yacht this size. Aft cushioned seating for eight (8), a center table and 12v fridge beneath the port seat create the perfect lounge area above. For the helmsman's comfort, the flybridge has full clear enclosure fwd for protection against the elements and a full helmstation.
There is a tremendous amount of exterior space to be enjoyed on this 22' beam power cat. The aft cockpit comfortably seats eight (8). There are twin trampolines on the bow, perfect for sunbathing or stargazing. Convenient water access from either side of the aft cockpit allows for fishing, diving and other favorite water activities.
Deck Equipment includes:
- 12 x opening port lights
- 6 x Lewmar hatches w/ green shades & mosquito screens
- Bow seats
- 8 x mooring cleats
- Trampoline with crossbeam
- Concealed 12V electric Lewmar windlass housing 200ft of chain and 100ft warp
- Windlass controls on deck at interior helm station and at flybridge helm
- S/S rubrail.
- Dual Freshwater Hot/Cold shower
- Freshwater deck wash
- Swiveling cockpit table (converts to king size bed when lowered)
- Numerous lockers for storage
- 2 x aft facing "Sunset seats" with additional storage underneath
Engine /Mechanical Equipment
- Easy engine access from floor in aft cockpit
- Twin Yanmar 315HP engines; 336 hrs. port, 359 hrs. stbd
- RCI marine fuel purifier
- Electrical oil change pumps - 12V
- Oil and filters changed 1/24/07
Hull Contruction & Design
The Africat 420 is characterized by an 8" wave breaker running the full length of the catamaran hull. This design feature creates a comfortable ride and reduces the pounding in choppy waters by ensuring there are no flat surfaces between the two pontoons. The keel is molded as part of the hull construction and, being at the lowest point, protects the props and rudders when underway in shallow waters.
The Africat 420 is constructed of the highest Vinylester and Polyester Resins. Layered materials are bound to the hull core through an adhesive process using vacuum-bagging, ensuring elimination of trapped air. This process creates a stronger and more unified core. Additional layers are then applied, particularly below the waterline, for added strength. All bulkheads are vacuum-infused using Divinycell foam and excess resin removed for a strong yet light bulkhead.
Details are thought to be reliable but are not guaranteed.
to change, prior sale and tax when applicable.
© 2007 2Hulls, Inc[CCC102122007SW]
Used Africat 420 Power Catamaran For Sale - Smiling Mermaid
2Hulls -your best source for used Africat catamarans for sale, and sailboat or
powerboat information for used cruising, sailing or racing Africat
multihull catamaran yachts.