Boat Name: SYLVESTER Hull #: 4 S/N: TOD620040397 Year: 1997 Designer: Ted Strain Manufacturer: Tomcat boats, Caledon, Ontario Boat Location: Santa Cruz, CA USD ($) Price: $17,900 Length Overall: 20' 03" Length Waterline: 20' 00" Engine(s): New 2001 9.9 Yamaha 4CY Long Shaft Beam: 11' 02' in. (launch) 8' 00" in. (trailer) Mast Height: 26' 00" Weight: 1200 lbs with all equipment (approx.) Trailering Weight: 2000 lbs (approx.) Draft: less than 12" (boards up) 3' 06" (boards down)
Fibreglass with corecell (ATC) foam core sandwich
Stainless steel 3/16" rigging
Harken hardware throughout
VC17 antifouling. VC TAR undercoat
* indicates upgrades or modification from the production model
- Single axle galvanised trailer with hull racks for effortless boat assembly. spare hub and spare tire.
- New 2001 9.9 Yamaha 4CY Long Shaft, alternator, electric start and stainless steel wheel.
- 6 gal gas tank
- Faster & watertight hull/Deck Bolting system*
- Two single berths (can be converted into one double berth)
- Main sail: 165 sq. ft , rotating mast w/ 3:1 mast rotation control*, 6:1 boomvang, 4:1 out haul* 4:1 down haul*, lazy jacks, reefing. All the lines are accessible from the cockpit!!!
- Genoa: 90 sq. ft (approx. 150%)
- Jib: 45 sq. ft, barber hauler*
- Harken roller furler
- spi: 230 sq. ft brand new Calvert sails asymmetric spinnaker*, barbor hauler* (great!)
- Jib and genoa halyard with down haul*
- Ritchie compass
- Gell cell battery
- Autohelm ST-30 Bidata speed & depth
- 2 X 6 watts solar panels with smart battery charger/regulator*
- Microlog battery voltage/charge/discharge monitor*
- Hella 6 switch electrical panel*
- Clarion AM-FM/cassette/CD ready radio*
- Polyplanar magnetically shielded speakers*
- Hulls ventilation powered from the solar panels; switchable (low current draw)*
- Hull nets*
- Anchor light
- Interior lights*
- R10 insulated Ice chest*
- Balsa core fibreglass folding table (very light and yet very rigid)*
- Porta potti with pump-out connector, privacy curtain
- Bimini, rain top & camper top
- Swim ladder
- Fortress FX-11 aluminium anchor with 10' chain & 100' rode
The TomCat 6.2 has been reviewed as an ingenious, comfortable and safe catamaran, with excellent sailing abilities. For her size, the boat is incredibly roomy, thanks to the large cockpit, and ample stowage in the hulls.
Sylvester sails great and can be fast too (12-13 kts on a reach in about 15-17 kts winds). Speed while motoring is around 7 kts.
The roller furling jib/genoa, the lazy jacks, and all the control lines running back to the cockpit make handling and sailing this boat a piece of cake (and safe!). Great for single handed sailing!
The boat is inherently very stable. You first notice it while climbing onboard. Under sail, she doesn't heel. That means less fatigue, a comforting feeling of safety, making for more enjoyment!
The boat tacks on a dime. Under motor, with the motor linked to the rudders, the boat is really easy to manoeuvre, allowing sharp turns. You can do a 360 degree turn (going in circle) within less than twice the length of the boat!
Because of the shoal draft (less than 12" with boards up, and steering with motor alone) you have access to the beach, shallow passages, etc.
The windshield and bimini offers good protection against the colder winds while navigating. The camper top is a great shelter to protect you against the burning sun while anchored or while motoring when it's raining. Although more intended as a daysailor, we have cruised the boat (on several occasions) up to 3-4 days/nights in a row.
The boat offers different comfortable (cushioned) seating arrangements. The trampoline is an absolute must. Not only for safety reasons, but this is THE place to be for relaxing, reading, sleeping etc!
The boat is small and trailerable. Therefore, it's nice to save $$$ on docking and also storage.
The tomcat is a motor/sailor. The motor has an electric start, shift controls and wheel steering from seat. Sail with the helm at wheel or tillers.
A brand new TomCat 6.2, with all the options and additonal equipment that Sylvester has, if purchased today, would cost around US$32000.
Sylvester is a fresh water boat in excellent condition, well cared for and upgraded from the production models. Sylvester might be one of the best built, best equipped TomCat 6.2 ever made.
Details are thought to be reliable but are
Offer subject to change, prior sale and tax when applicable.
© 2000 2Hulls, Inc
Want your multihull for sale to be presented like the above?
2Hulls -your best source for used
tomcat 6.2 catamarans
for sale by owner, and sailboat or
powerboat information for used cruising, sailing or racing tomcat 6.2 multihull catamaran yachts.